Signs That You Need To Take a Step Back
I’ve done it again!
Over the past week my schedule has been totally crazy.
I’ve overwhelmed myself with work and training.
Going to bed later than usual and not following what I eat that religiously.
And my body started giving me clear signs of where I’m heading, again!
It’s getting harder and harder to get up in the morning.
I’m snapping easier, my mood hasn’t been at its best behaviour.
My suspected IBS has flared up again because of all that and I can just about bear the pain and discomfort.
So amigo, time to step back down.
I realise that there are times where we’re all running on pretty much adrenaline and nothing else.
However the big issue is realising that you can’t keep this up for long!
Be smart, follow your instincts and make a note of what’s working for you and what’s working against you.
And I get how big the temptation is to just tell yourself “Well Fuck It” and keep going but reality will hit you sooner or later.
If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, you can simply take the following 5 steps.
- Truly take a step back – stop what you’re doing right now and ask yourself “How is this helping my situation right now?” If you get totally burned out you WILL have to eventually stop anyway but your recovery process will be much, much longer and the start up again will be much more difficult. So be smart and deload.
- Go out for a bit of fresh air and a walk – clear your head, leave all your electronic devices back home and simply enjoy nature. Go somewhere quiet where you can clear your mind, recharge your batteries and come back feeling much, much better (I bet my little car on it and I truly love it so you get the idea)
- Meditate – goes really nicely together with the walk. Sit down somewhere quietly for 10 mins at least. Turn off all distraction and simply count your breaths. Allow your mind to flow but be aware of it and always aim to bring it back to breathing.
- Step back from your training – take a deload week, do some yoga or just take walks for the next week. It’s not going to “break down” your physique, it’ll in fact do totally the opposite.
- Take a nice looooong epsom salt bath – there’s a good chance that with all the stress you’ve thrown upon yourself you’ve become Magnesium depleted so Epsom salt bath will really help you recharge that. Plus – who doesn’t like baths anyway?
Try the above and let me know how you feel.
Simple always wins!
Lots of love